Weekly Learning Opportunities
• Rabbi Rosenfeld’s Shiur on Rabbinic Responsa • 9:15am-10:00am Join Rabbi Rosenfeld on Sunday mornings after 8.30 am services for a journey through the fascinating and compelling world of rabbinic responsa literature, navigating the historical, sociological, and psychological nuances of the Halakhic process through study of a seminal responsum each week - all accompanied by a strong cup of delicious coffee or tea
• Beit Midrash Program • 10:00am-11:30am Chavrusa Learning & Impactful Shiurim with Clergy- Beit Midrash
- Hebrew Reading Crash Course Levels I & II • 6:30pm-8:00pm- Rm LL201 and Rm 211
Level I is designed for Jews who have little to no background in Hebrew and focuses on teaching the Hebrew alphabet and reading skills. Level II is a follow up class for the “graduates” of Level I, who can recognize the Hebrew alphabet and wish to advance their Hebrew reading and comprehension skills. Both courses are five 1.5 hour weekly sessions, free of charge and open to all. Register online at www.lss.org/beginners or call NJOP at 646-871-4444
- Kaddish Class with Rabbi Shaul Robinson •7:30pm-8:15pm- Beit Midrash.Class and discussion/support group for all those who have suffered a loss
- Jewish Living Workshop • 7:30pm-8:30pm- Rm 206 (Starting February 27)
Bill and Hadassa Greenbaum- The Jewish Living Workshop, a 10 session series, is a "hands-on" experience, we learn by doing. The workshop is free; register at JLworkshop@yahoo.com
- Conversational Hebrew • 7:00pm- Rm 207
- The Marilyn & Sam Isler Studies in the Weekly Parsha Class with Rabbi Shaul Robinson • 10:30am-11:30am- Beit Midrash
- Beginners: Introduction to Bible: The 10 Commandments with Rabbi Ephraim Buchwald • 6:30pm-8:00pm. Rm 206\207
This class provides an in-depth study and analysis of the Decalogue (the Ten Commandments) and other basic biblical texts. The religious significance of the Bible, scriptural exegesis and the relationship of the written and oral law will bediscussed and analyzed. To register, please call 212-874-6100 or register online at www.lss.org/beginners. Cost: $90, Free to LSS Members. No one will be turned away for lack of funds.
- Gemara B’Shana • 7:15pm-8:30pm- Beit Midrash THE BRUCE RITHOLTZ TALMUD PROJECT: A new kind of Gemara shiur, dedicated to the memory of Bruce Ritholtz a”h. The class will undertake the ambitious goal of studying and completing an entire tractate of Talmud each year followed by a siyum to mark its completion at the time of Bruce's yahrtzeit, between Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur. The class will be focused on a clear understanding of the text of the Gemara, together with in-depth explorations of selected topics followed by interactive dialogue through social media and email. This year we will be studying tractate Ta’anit.
- Beit Midrash night The First Book of Samuel: with Ron Platzer • 7:30 pm •7:30 pm- Rm 211 Led by Ron Platzer: Adultery, Incest, Rebellion: The Travails of David, the Greatest Jewish King. A great story, complex characters, a subtle, sophisticated text. .
- *NEW* Kol Dodi Dofek with Rabbinic Intern Jacob Bernstein • 1:15pm-2:00pm- Rm LL202 Join Rabbinic Intern Jacob Bernstein for a 12 week class exploring Rabbi Joseph B Soloveitchik's "Kol Dodi Dofek" and his perspectives on the foundation of the State of Israel.
- Talmudic Logic with Rabbi Weiss • 7:30pm-8:30pm- Rm208/210
- Beit Midrash night The Subversive Religious Poetry of Yehuda Amichai facilitated by Sara Brzowsky • 8:00pm-9:15pm Rm 207
The Subversive Religious Poetry of Yehuda Amichai
Facilitated by Sara Brzowsky. We continue to analyze the Israeli poet's final masterpiece, Patuach Sagur Patuach.
- In Hiding: The Book of Esther with Rabbi Nati Helfgot •7:00pm-8:00pm- Belfur Beit Midrash An 8-Part Exploration with Rabbi Nati Helfgot.
- The Jacob Adler Parsha Class: Explorations in the Weekly Parsha with Rabbi Shaul Robinson • 7:30pm- Beit Midrash Join Rabbi Shaul Robinson for an exciting and timely look at the weekly portion utilizing contemporary and ancient commentators to uncover new depth in Torah study.
- Cholent Chabura with Rabbi Josh Rosenfeld
8:45pm (meets off site)